Professional Resume Writer / Selection Criteria Writer
Is your current resume or government applications letting you down, by not positioning you as the best candidate, so you can attract the right job opportunities?
Are you frustrated by your current job search, which is incredibly time consuming and resulting in more rejection letters than interviews?
If you want to:
- Outshine the competition and attract more interviews, so you can choose from a range of roles, rather than having to settle for second best …
- Communicate effectively to potential employers, so they are excited about what you have to offer and the prospect of meeting you in person…
- Get in, or secure your promotion in the public service sector …
- Market yourself with integrity and in a way that attracts the right job offer…
- Take the stress out of time-consuming and complicated public sector applications …
Hi, I’m Carolyn Smith and I have helped thousands of team leaders, managers, professionals and executives like you, secure interviews and in turn jobs in both the private and public sector.
With over 20 years experience, I have helped navigate clients through COVID 19, the GFC, major government cuts to services, increased competition, job loss and redundancy and unprecedented changes to how employers and recruiters hire, including the gig economy, the use of Artificial Intelligence, video interviewing, ATS, through to overcoming employer biases, including age discrimination.
No matter what the real or perceived barriers to job search success, the vast majority of my clients succeed.
I work with clients around Australia via the web and specialise in:
- Public sector applications for managers, professionals, executives and senior executives (Federal, State, Territory and Local)
- Master Professional Resume Writer, for professionals, managers, and junior and senior executives (both private and public sector).
- Helping professional clients stand out with powerful LinkedIn profiles, cover letters, and so much more.
My typical client is very good at what they do, intelligent and motivated, but come to me, because they are tired of rejection letters, or want to ensure they secure a job or promotion or even a substantial pay rise.
Do any of the following scenarios fit your situation?
You want to secure a job in the public service sector, but you don’t know where to start. You have the training and life and/or business experience to make a difference, but you really have no idea where to go from here in terms of writing applications for government positions.
You have tried a lot of things to market yourself without much success. You’ve applied for dozens of jobs, tried to improve your resume or selection criteria, but nothing is working very well. Employers are not yet flocking to your door and you wonder if you just need to be patient or are you doing everything wrong?
You have years of experience in government or the private sector, but your career seems to be at a stalemate and your applications, no longer get the attention they deserve.
You have a built-in aversion to marketing and selling yourself. This is very common. You find it difficult writing about yourself and don’t want to ‘big note’ yourself on your resume. After all you are great at what you do, but just not the marketing type and hate chasing jobs.
You realise that competition is now fierce, so you want to make sure that you nail a specific job, or want to learn new approaches and strategies to marketing and selling yourself.
You are just too busy, to write complex job applications. You are a busy manager, professional, or executive that does not have the spare time required in writing a ‘top notch application’, plus you know that a specialist career writer will do a way better job.
If one or more of these scenarios is true for you, please read on. You’re in the right place and I can help you.
But don’t take my word for it, read what my clients have to say about my professional resume writing service and selection criteria writing service.
Here are just a few examples of how professionals just like you have benefited from my professional resume writing and career services:
- A client from the Australian Defence Force who used his resume to move from Defence to the commercial market, including more recently securing a pay increase of over $70,000.
- A postdoctoral researcher, who had applied for literally hundreds of positions within government and never got an interview. Using the resume prepared, she secured the first job she applied for and is now a Principal Advisor in Federal government.
- A change manager consultant, who has used his CV to secure lucrative and high paying contracts at Telstra and Commonwealth Bank.
- A former federal politician and shadow minister, who traded politics for consulting and a MUCH higher salary, through a resume and LinkedIn profile that captured his success in multiple areas.
- An executive project manager in ICT who used his resume to land major contracts and a pay increase of over $40,000.
- A workplace health and safety specialist, that secured a massive promotion and a $100,000 pay rise.
These are just a few examples that demonstrate that an investment in YOURSELF and your career can result in salary increases, better titles and more fulfilling roles.
Any questions just ask and THANK YOU!