Professional Resume Writer / Selection Criteria Writer
Is your current resume or government applications letting you down, by not positioning you as the best candidate, so you can attract better job opportunities, obtain your ideal role, and/or secure an increase in salary and benefits?
Are you frustrated by your current job search, which is incredibly time consuming and resulting in more rejection letters than interviews?
If you want to:
- Attract more interviews so you can choose from a range of roles, rather than having to settle for second best…
- Communicate effectively to potential employers, so they are excited about what you have to offer and the prospect of meeting you in person…
- Get in, or secure your promotion in the public service sector …
- Market yourself with integrity and in a way that attracts the right job offer…
- Obtain a salary increase or a job that fits in with your lifestyle…
- Take the stress out of time-consuming and complicated public sector applications …
Hi – I’m Carolyn Smith a professional resume writer, selection criteria writer and career specialist and for the last 14 years, I have worked with thousands of managers, professionals and executives like you.
I work with clients around Australia via the web and specialise in:
- Public sector applications / selection criteria for team leaders, supervisors, managers, professionals, executives and senior executives (Federal, State, Territory and Local)
- Master Professional Resume Writer, for graduates, team leaders / supervisors, professionals, managers, and junior and senior executives (both private and public sector).
- Helping professional clients stand out with powerful LinkedIn profiles, cover letters, DISC behavioural profiles and so much more.
My typical client is very good at what they do, intelligent and motivated, but come to me, because they are tired of rejection letters, or want to ensure they secure a job, promotion or substantial pay rise.
Do any of the following scenarios fit your situation?
You want to secure a job in the public service sector, but you don’t know where to start. You have the training and life and/or business experience to make a difference, but you really have no idea where to go from here in terms of writing applications for government positions.
You have tried a lot of things to market yourself without much success. You’ve applied for dozens of jobs, tried to improve your resume or selection criteria, but nothing is working very well. Employers are not yet flocking to your door and you wonder if you just need to be patient or are you doing everything wrong?
You have years of experience in government or the private sector, but your career seems to be at a stalemate and your applications, no longer get the attention they deserve.
You have a built-in aversion to marketing and selling yourself. This is very common. You find it difficult writing about yourself and don’t want to ‘big note’ yourself on your resume. After all you are great at what you do, but just not the marketing type and hate chasing jobs.
You have a successful career, but you want to do better. You realize that although you have been fairly successful in attracting the right jobs, you could be a whole lot better at it. You want to make sure that you nail a specific job, or want to learn new approaches and strategies to marketing and selling yourself.
You are just too busy, to write complex job applications. You are a busy manager, professional, or executive that does not have the spare time required in writing a ‘top notch application’, plus you know that a specialist career writer will do a way better job.
If one or more of these scenarios is true for you, please read on. You’re in the right place and I can help you.
But don’t take my word for it, read what my clients have to say about my professional resume writing service and selection criteria writing service.
Here are just a few examples of how professionals just like you have benefited from my professional resume writing and career services:
- A client from the Australian Defence Force who used his resume to move from Defence to the commercial market, including securing a pay increase of over $20,000.
- A postdoctoral researcher, who had applied for literally hundreds of positions within government and never got an interview. Using the resume prepared, she secured the first job she applied for and is now a Principal Advisor in Federal government.
- A change manager consultant, who has used his CV to secure lucrative and high paying contracts at Telstra and Commonwealth Bank.
- A former politician, who traded politics for consulting and a MUCH higher salary, through a resume and LinkedIn profile that captured his success in multiple areas.
- An executive project manager in ICT who used his resume to land major contracts and a pay increase of over $40,000.
- A technical specialist that went from zero interviews to securing an APS6 position, in spite of competing against 190 applicants.
These are just a few examples that demonstrate that an investment in YOURSELF and your career can result in salary increases, better titles and more fulfilling roles.
Any questions just ask and THANK YOU!