Things have changed and so if you do things the old way, or follow out of date advice, you’ll miss out.
In this video, with Karolyn Brown from Career Care Package and Founder of Straight to Shortlist Challenge, I give the latest low down and answers to everything you need to know on successfully applying for a government job in Australia.
- Have you seen anything different in what is the government asking for when they recruit for jobs & what’s different each state of Australia?
- If it looks easier to apply, does that mean that it is?
- Where does answering selection criteria fit within the application?
- Is it more challenging to apply for a job in the government now?
- What mistakes are people making with their government applications, resume and cover letter? If I’ve got a job application and it says in reference to the criteria submit a two-page cover letter and submit your CV what are your tips to apply?
- What does STAR, CAR, PAR and SAR etc mean?
- How does identifying your achievement and using STAR, CAR, PAR or SAR help you with your chances of finding a job?
- What to put in your government resume?
- What if you are running out of time to put in your government application?
- Don’t make this mistake in interpreting selection criteria
- Top 3 tips in applying for government jobs
- Should you try to speak to the panel, or a recruiter?
- Should you still apply if someone is acting in the position?
- Is there a good entry level point to get into government – what level should you apply if you want to crack a government job? then progress up but it really does
- Does it take longer for government to get back to you?
- Can you network your way into a government job?
- Hot tip alert – where can you find out where the hot jobs will be coming from in government AND where government might be more open to applications that don’t meet all criteria?